Poo Free Parks® company founder, Bill Airy, is a Denver resident, lover of the outdoors and common-sense environmentalist. Mr. Airy is the parent of two little Jack Russell Terriers, Shaka and Nundi, and a frequent visitor to parks and waterways.
His motivation and goals for starting Poo Free Parks® include:
- To keep our parks beautiful in an eco-friendly manner
- To increase the responsibility of dog owners to clean up after their pets in public areas
- To reduce plastic bags in our landfills and oceans
- To reduce soil and wastewater pollutants
- To provide a public service at no ongoing cost to the public
- To promote good corporate citizenship
- To give companies the opportunity to show their customers that they support “Going Green”
- To replace existing unsightly and deteriorating dispensers that erode property values with eco-friendly attractive dispensers made from 100% recyclable materials
- To help relieve the financial & labor burdens of the overworked Parks and Recreation Departments, so they can focus their time on more important issues and improvements.
We Love Our Sponsors
Sponsoring organizations win because they get to sponsor an important community service and receive recognition for doing so – at a very reasonable cost.
Did You Know?
Plastic Pollution is an Undeniable Environmental Problem
The problem is so bad that a “plastic stew,” twice the size of Texas has formed in the Pacific Ocean. Scientists have dubbed the mass of floating plastic trash the “Eastern Garbage Patch,” and its volume is growing at an alarming pace.